Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-21 13:01:00
At 7:28 AM -0700 9/21/09, Wes Hardaker wrote:

 What would happen to those discussions?

   1) they would happen anyway, and nothing would happen (yay!)
      (regardless of whether they went "unnoticed" or "weren't offensive")
   2) thew would happen anyway, and would get "shut down"
   3) they wouldn't happen because of fear

 The problem isn't just one of "can we have it".  The mere existence of
 the policy may prevent people from voicing a comment they might in
 another venue.  A single missing comment or discussion due to fear would
 be a bad thing.

Even with the "yay!" of (1), I personally don't like the idea that we're violating the law and hotel policy, even if we are getting away with it.

--
Randall Gellens