Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-21 08:03:25

I just filled in the form.

The main potential issue I would have with such a meeting
is whether or not we'd have a normal meeting network
with normal Internet access. If there's anything that'd
be different about the meeting network and/or access to the
Internet, then I think the IAOC MUST bring that to the
community before making any decision. If there's to be nothing
different, then I think the IAOC would be wise to be
crystal-clear about that.

Absent that information, I don't think that the survey is
useful and it shouldn't be used as the basis for a positive
decision.

The reason I think this is important is that we can only
speculate about reactions to microphone statements, but
we can know in advance about any networking restrictions.
If we cannot access the Internet as usual then I would be
against such a meeting since it would mean participants
could not do their work as usual.

I have yet to see a clear statement on the above. If this
is not yet resolved, that would also be useful to know,

Stephen.