RE: IPv4 addresses eaten by... what? (was: IPv6 standard)

2009-09-29 04:19:46
Tony,

[top-posting since that's what you did]

AIUI, the intention is not for the RIRs to be "controlling the market",
but rather to provide the same value they do now: a location where I can
see who is responsible for a given address.

I think the RIRs all have a transfer policy now. So when a prefix is
sold, what amounts to a transfer of deed needs to happen, the same as if
you buy or otherwise acquire land. This is not control of IP sales any
more than the local town deed registry controls the real estate market.

--
Shane