Re: IPv6 standard?

2009-09-23 19:53:54
Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:

Being some kind of IPv6
"evangelist", I'll admit it, I do need to gain a feeling of points of
view from people who are in the know, and the range of replies in this
short thread has been interesting indeed.

Given that IPv4 address space can be extended with port numbers
still preserving the end to end transparency, why do you insist
on IPv6?

With such problems being encountered with dual stack, would it make
sense to deprecating IPv4 standards ASAP in order to shorten the time
for use of dual stack and this shorten the likelyhood of consumers being
turned off IPv6?

Not at all. Instead, deprecating IPv6 makes sense.

                                                        Masataka Ohta