Re: IPv6 standard?

2009-09-23 21:28:51
Just for the record, I continue to object to / humbly disagree with Mssr.
Ohta's position.

While the case for "transparent NAT" may be valid, I believe IPv6 to also be a
valid and valuable technology for the continued growth and expansion of the
Internet.

(Even eliding the amount of change required to implement "e2e NAT", and how
this comes close to the amount of work (in many regards) as deploying IPv6, w/o
all of the same capabilities.)

And FWIW, I also continue to believe 'the world' agrees with IPv6 being 'the
solution' ... Based not upon current traffic volumes (of course), but rather
the number of deployments I know are happening now'ish (6 large carriers that I
have personal experience with in North America ... Including a few of the
largest 'residential ISPs' in the US.  This reinforces my belief that not only
is IPv6 in little to no danger of being deprecated, but that in fact the
opposite is (yes, finally) happening.  And not to mention (ahem) 'little
content providers', like Google ... Or the US federal govt's re-invigorated
push towards IPv6 ... )

/TJ