Re: publishing some standards immediately at Draft-Standard status?

2009-11-12 13:33:59
On 11/12/09 5:23 PM, Donald Eastlake wrote:
If you read the definitions and theoretic criterial for Proposed versus Draft, it makes a lot of sense. Proposed is just "proposed" and non-injurious to the Internet. Draft required interoperability of independent implementations and is the first level where widespread implementation is recommended. This distinction makes a lot of sense.

*IN THEORY* it once made a lot of sense, but please show me how it has EVER made sense in practice.

The problem is the constantly escalating hurdles in practice to get to Proposed...

That is A problem but IMHO not The Problem. Another problem is that I know of very few profit-making ventures that really want to devote their employees' time to an activity that gains them not one single additional bit of functionality.

Eliot