Re: publishing some standards immediately at Draft-Standard status?

2009-11-11 22:45:01
On Nov 12, 2009, at 12:28, Tony Hansen wrote:

published directly at Draft Standard status

Raise the bar so they stay at I-D level for even longer? A sizable part of the Internet is run on I-Ds, not on PS.

I think the right direction is to publish PS earlier. If done right, it's only six months from there to the DS, you know. (About half of that time the draft is stuck in the RFC finalization process anyway :-).

(My suggestion would be to stop talking about changing the rules and instead just find ways to use the current process better.)

Gruesse, Carsten

PS.: And you could spend some time during I-D time already to upgrade your downrefs to DS :-)