Re: RIM patents a URN (and ignores IETF IPR rules)

2009-11-19 19:38:54
Dear all,

I understand the community’s concerns regarding the timeliness of the
disclosure.  As I’m sure everyone can understand, as employees of
companies we are bound by confidentiality obligations and, in
addition, cannot always control our company’s internal processes.  The
community’s concerns have been brought to the attention of my employer
and they are in the process of evaluating the concerns.  My company
has asked for your patience while they take the time to evaluate the
concerns and determine if there is an appropriate course of action in
this matter to alleviate the concerns of the community.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike