Re: Most bogus news story of the week

2009-12-21 11:34:23
The current structures give a huge advantage to US and European
providers. The rest of the world was essentialy allowed to connect up
to the Internet provided that they paid the cost. As a result the
settlements tend to reflect precedent rather than actual benefit to
the parties.

ITU-T is not an illogical place to take that type of complaint, it
surely isn't an IETF/ISOC/ICANN issue.

But as usual it is rather easier to throw up a smokescreen and suggest
that this is a control/censorship issue rather than admit that there
might be a basic fairness issue.