Re: Defining the existence of non-existent domains

2009-12-28 07:01:54
I think that in regards to the management and supervision of
.ARPA I'd suggest to include RFC3172 and RFC2860 as a reference.

I find that using the word "Registry" will IMHO create some
confusion with ICANNland.

The list of reserved names from ICANN's DAGv3 2.1.1.2 you
included in your message  applies only to potential gTLDs,
this list may become very dynamic and multilingual, how do you
expect to include these names in your draft ?

There are some particular names that based on the criteria
defined in your draft can be listed as "Special" and "Reserved"
like WHOIS, WWW, etc.

Also from the proposed ICANN's Registry Agreement Article 2,
Registry (in ICANN's sense of the word) Operators "may establish
policies concerning the reservation or blocking of additional
character strings within the TLD at its discretion", then
how do you propose to incoporate also those names to the
"reserved list" ?

Who is or should be the "authority" that will be responsible
and assigned the task to keep the "list" updated ?

My .02
Jorge