Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

2010-01-05 11:06:21
Brian West wrote:
I think CELT and SILK are both great codecs.. I was under the impression
that SILK ran at 32kHz and did internal resampling but that doesn't
appear to be the case.  Either way we have six sample rates to pick from
between the two codecs giving you bandwidth vs quality options that
really do fit most needs in my opinion.  8,12,16,24,32 and 48kHz are
some great choices and we support all 6 native rates in FreeSIWTCH now.

What other codecs did I miss that were submitted?  We have BV16 and BV32
in FreeSWITCH now too.

The one you misses is SPIRIT's IP-MR codec. As you say, with the four
codecs proposed so far we can cover a wide range of applications. There's a
lot of potential for having a great codec come out of this.

        Jean-Marc