RE: WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

2010-01-05 12:14:48

 I can see the motivation to pay big bucks for video codecs. Using
 Mpeg4 can reduce your bandwidth costs and save real money. I can see
 why there was a big incentive to save money on audio codecs in the
 1990s.

 At this point an audio codec is going to have to save a huge amount ot
 bandwidth to be worth the hassle, let alone the cost of using
 encumbered technology.

Its not about the bandwidth. Its about the quality of the voice in
occasionally lossy networks landline or mobile.