Re: Announcing Clouds bar BoF during IETF-77 (March, 2010, Anaheim, CA)

2010-02-22 18:40:14
Brian E Carpenter allegedly wrote on 02/22/2010 17:11 EST:
Well yes, everybody's right in this area, since the terminology
is so fuzzy and so infected by marketing noise. In any case, I am
not for a moment saying: don't hold a Bar BOF. It seems like an
excellent idea to talk about it. What I am saying is: our sister
standards body the OGF seems like the natural home for this
topic, and we have to be very precise in defining scope to avoid
overlap and confusion.

Regards
   Brian

If you're proposing OGF you should look at the 6 or 7 other SDOs doing
useful work on clouds, e.g. the DMTF.  It's a complex situation.