Re: Ok .. I want my IETF app for my iPad ..

2010-04-08 10:02:51

On 04/08/2010 07:47 AM, Richard Shockey wrote:
That was what I had in mind when I started this thread or maybe
configuration options for push of new WG drafts.

No browser including Safari displays ASCII text well and that has been my
ultimate objection.

I've got to really question what you mean by well. It's been perhaps a
decade since I printed an rfc and virtually every one of them that I've
read since has been in a browser. fwiw I use the same fixes width font
when viewing them there as I do when composing this email or editing a
draft but that's not exactly hard to achieve.

It drives me nuts that I have to print out all new
drafts to actually read them ( sorry HP ). If the app could convert the
ASCII to something that allow for different fonts and auto repagination
display that would be totally wonderful. That function alone has been one of
the huge drivers for tablet devices as Amazon's own market analysis has
determined. Its very very age skewed to the over 40 crowd. That is why I'm
totally sold on the .epub format.