Re: Last Call: Policy Statement on the Day Pass Experiment

2010-05-08 13:49:26
I think the policy recommended by the IESG is the right thing.

Since IETF WGs operate via their mailing lists, IETF meeting are for
cross area / cross WG interaction, which only works for people there a
significant part of the week. This is the reason why the IETF has
traditionally refused to have any such thing as day passes, why I
don't think day passes are a good idea, and why the policy suggested
by the IESG preserves the traditional meaning of "attending" an IETF
meeting.