Re: Last Call: Policy Statement on the Day Pass Experiment

2010-05-10 20:22:48

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sam Hartman" <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu>
To: "IETF" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:44 AM
Subject: Re: Last Call: Policy Statement on the Day Pass Experiment

I fairly strongly support the IESG's proposed policy statement on the
day pass experiment.  I specifically belive that it is counter to our
ability to fund our ongoing activities to turn the day pass experiment
into a way to reduce the cost of attending IETF on an ongoing basis.  We

Attending a non-IETF-attendanced IETF meeting? And tell them their
one-day-pass activity does not count as IETF meeting attendance?
I think there are two separate questions:
1, Does the one-day-pass count as IETF meeting attendance?
2, Is one-day-pass attendance qualified for nomcom memeber?

For the second question I have no strong opinion, but for the first one, I think it does.

Regards, Xiangsong