Re: Last Call: Policy Statement on the Day Pass Experiment

2010-05-12 04:33:39
Peter Saint-Andre writes:
We're trying to measure something vague (familiarity with the IETF) using a blunt measure (number of meetings attended in the last ~2 years). There are bound to be misalignments.

But are they bound to be problematic?

My two cents: _Use_ the daypass experiment. If some daypass-only attendee volunteers for nomcom (doesn't seem likely, but who am I to say?) and is selected, see how it works out. When the daypass experiment ends, evaluate its results. Then have a long thread on ietf(_at_)(_dot_)

Arnt