Re: Last Call: Policy Statement on the Day Pass Experiment

2010-05-10 15:42:55
On 5/10/2010 1:08 PM, Ted Hardie wrote:
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Andrew Sullivan
<ajs(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:09:53PM -0700, Ted Hardie wrote:

illness forced them to participate remotely.   I'd personally rather
we expand "attend" to include remote attendance rather than narrow
it to exclude folks who didn't pay for a whole week.

I've already said too much in this thread, but while I might happily
agree with any plans to diversify the way we define "attend", we
simply cannot do that on anything like a permanent basis without
changing the relevant RFC.  So we need to separate that issue from the
immediate issue of who might qualify for the NomCom _this year_.  We
need to separate the issues because the latter is an immediate
practical concern, and it's really just more important that we have
some rule than that we have a perfect one.  Please let us not conflate
these two matters.

Doesnt then also attending a meeting through a video conference
including streaming also qualify? Seems to me both are reasonable
methods of attending these days.

Todd Glassey

Andrew's right.  Sorry for conflating the two.  For this specific issue,
I disagree with the IESG's proposal to declare use of a day pass did
not qualify as "attending" the IETF meeting for the purposes of
NomCom eligibility.

regards,

Ted Hardie