Re: Last Call: Policy Statement on the Day Pass Experiment

2010-05-11 07:21:16
On 5/11/10 4:02 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:
 Although I disagree with Don's position overall because I do believe we
need to be more inclusive as a matter of principle, I may agree with him
on this one point, because for the MANY years or so that I was eligible
for the NOMCOM, the random process never chose me.  And chose a bunch of
people multiple times.  How many times did it pick Ole?  Man...

Which by the way leaves me feeling disenfranchised.  I've written
numerous RFCs, chaired two working groups, one research group, and yet
have had little say as to our leadership.  I think that's wrong.

Perhaps we need a nomcom for nominating people for the nomcom. :)

I mean that semi-seriously. We're trying to measure something vague
(familiarity with the IETF) using a blunt measure (number of meetings
attended in the last ~2 years). There are bound to be misalignments.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/