Re: Last Call: draft-daboo-srv-caldav (Use of SRV records for locating CalDAV and CardDAV services) to Proposed Standard

2010-06-25 02:54:16

I can certainly see where it would be useful. However, I question your
comments in Section 9 of your draft: specifically that URI should be viewed
as a replacement for SRV. URI (may) make sense for "resource" discovery, but
I don't believe that is true for "service" discovery - I think SRV still
makes the best sense for that.

IMHO, that depends on the service.

In RAI we have "LoST" and "HELD", both of which are HTTP(s) based services
contacted through a URI.

A "URI" RR-based solution for discovery of those would, I think, have been
cleaner than the current U-NAPTR based methods.

Ray

--
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) MIET
Senior Researcher, Nominet