Re: IETF privacy policy - update

2010-07-07 15:29:14
"Iljitsch" == Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com> writes:

    Iljitsch> On 7 jul 2010, at 17:23, John Morris wrote:
    >> Well, as someone who believes that *all* websites and
    >> online-operating organizations should have a clear and accessible
    >> privacy policy, I think it is beyond embarrassing that the IETF
    >> does not have one.

    Iljitsch> The IETF got along without one for two decades just fine.

Generally when I look for an idea of whether work is a good idea I look
for a clear statement of benefit.  I'll admit that I don't find privacy
policies so valuable that I think everyone should have one.  So, I'll
ask how will or work be improved or what problem are we running into
that a privacy policy will solve?  If that cannot clearly we be
answered, we should not engage in this activity.