Re: IETF privacy policy - update

2010-07-07 09:42:42
On 7 jul 2010, at 16:32, John Morris wrote:

And, if you indeed think that something is missing, perhaps you could suggest
some language to address your concern, rather than just dismiss the entire
effort.

I think it's completely legitimate to question whether efforts like this are
worth the resources they soak up. The first time I went to an IETF meeting I
was shocked by the amount of talk about the internals of the IETF itself that
went on. We should really try to minimize this navel gazing and only indulge in
it when clearly needed, something that hasn't been shown to be the case here.