Re: IETF privacy policy - update

2010-07-06 10:04:55
this makes sense to me, fwiw.

   john

--On Monday, July 05, 2010 2:28 PM -0400 Marshall Eubanks
<tme(_at_)americafree(_dot_)tv> wrote:

<wearing no hats>
I assume (for I do not know) that people are worried about
time involved in bringing a new RFC to publication.

I don't see why this couldn't be divided in the way that the
Trust Legal Provisions have been :

- a RFC to set the _goals_ and basic framework of the privacy
policy, which might change something like every 5 years (or
less often if we are lucky) and

- an IAOC document for the actual privacy policy itself, which
could be changed very quickly if (say) lawyers started beating
down the doors.

Regards
Marshall

Please clarify.

Thanks.

d/

ps. I, too, like the idea of having the policy.  I'm only
asking   about its form.

--

 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking