Re: IETF privacy policy - update

2010-07-08 14:36:33
On Jul 8, 2010, at 11:25 AM, Fred Baker wrote:
Walking into an ITU meeting, I have to show a passport and have a permanent
photographic record taken. If I want to participate in RIPE's general
meeting, I have to register, and I can expect to find myself in RIPE's
attendee list. That is true in a wide variety of places.

I think there's actually a slightly different question in there.
Those are not open organizations.  The IETF is.  I think that
there might be a question about what "open participation" means
and whether or not there's an expectation that participants will
identify themselves, and if so, what the expectations are around
the identity being presented.

Melinda