Re: IETF privacy policy - update

2010-07-08 15:07:51
On 2010-07-08 12:25, Fred Baker wrote:

On Jul 7, 2010, at 10:11 PM, joel jaeggli wrote:

Do some people not come because attendance is a matter of public
record?

Frankly, if people are not attending for that reason and that reason
alone, I have some questions. I would have to assume it is the only
forum in the world in which they expect that level of anonymity,
which raises the question of whether it is a rational expectation.

I meant the question as a rhetorical exercise.

3979 5378 and their explication through note well are collectively unequivocal as to the rational and requirement for the public record.

I've made the note well statement so many times now that I can do it in my sleep.

Walking into an ITU meeting, I have to show a passport and have a
permanent photographic record taken. If I want to participate in
RIPE's general meeting, I have to register, and I can expect to find
myself in RIPE's attendee list. That is true in a wide variety of
places.

- ?