Re: IETF privacy policy - update

2010-07-07 16:42:39
On 2010-07-07 12:53, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

Sam,

I view this more or less as "standard boilerplate", something you find
in a lot of "online places". I think it is reasonable to expect that
if you register for a meeting your personal info (e-mail address
mostly) won't be sold/used/harvested by someone for purposes other
than what you think you signed up for.

the fact that you signed up for the meeting is publicly available so that we don't sell mailing lists to spammers seems sort of irrelevant.

It's probably useful for us to
have such a statement.

Ole