FW: [78attendees] WARNING !!! Re: Maastricht to Brussels-Nat-Aero, Sat 07:09

2010-08-25 20:08:24
Hi,

I'm forwarding this message to the general IETF mailing list, because I
think we need a good discussion on this and the confirmation from the
secretariat/IAOC that this work will be done CORRECTLY NEXT TIME.

The fact is that if we don't make sure that a venue has good connections
then should not be candidate to be an IETF venue.

I'm not referring to plane vs train. I'm fine with train if the information
provided is accurate. Some times, for people in Europe, train can be more
convenient than planes, but this is only true if the train system is
reliable in general (of course, a strike, crash or anything like that is
something that we can't predict/avoid).

Maastricht proved that the information provided by the train web sites was
totally FALSE.

This is something that the secretariat/IAOC SHOULD verify before accepting a
venue.

I hope that we learn the lesson.

Regards,
Jordi