Re: [78attendees] WARNING !!! Re: Maastricht to Brussels-Nat-Aero, Sat 07:09

2010-08-26 04:08:55
Hi Jordi,

In a previous discussion about this it was clear that was not the Dutch
railway, but the Belgium one ... However, it was recommended to use the fast
train from/to Brussels, as it was faster than to Amsterdam ... Clearly was
not the case.

It is a train starting in the Netherlands, the schedule published by the
NS on their website can then be considered authoritative.

The secretariat does an on site visit. It is simple to add one more point
and question about the trains if this is going to be used by most of the
participants (as it was in this case) and actually there is not a good
international local airport.

I don't remember if this question was asked or not, some of this was discussed
before I joined the IAOC.  But even if the question was asked, I don't
quite see how this would have solved your problem.  3 of the IAOC members
had travelled with Dutch trains beforehand and their experience was that
the information on the website was 100% accurate.

And you know, in this case was quite obvious. If you ask in the train
station, as I did (unfortunately too late), they will tell you:
"Oh NO, don't believe at all at the information on the web site, it has not
been updated for ages !".

This is strange, as both the NS (Dutch) and NMBS (Belgium) railways
recommend to check their websites to plan a trip.   And again, I have
yet to come across a case where the website different from the
intention of the railway company to run a train.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746