Re: Optimizing for what? Was Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-31 15:07:01
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Hadriel Kaplan
<HKaplan(_at_)acmepacket(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Aug 30, 2010, at 6:21 PM, Randall Gellens wrote:

Why Kauai?  You list detailed reasons why Hawaii is logical and
solves for many of the problems, but you don't say why this island.

Because it's the nicest, obviously. :)

See http://www.pothole.com/~dee3/kauai.html

Donald

  We can even rotate islands if people get bored.

Well, there are extensive conference facilities on Oahu, the Big
Island, Maui, and Kauai.  I have no information as to if they would
work for a group of our size and with our need for breakout rooms.

I used to attend IEEE 802 and they met in Kauai (Grand Hyatt in Poipu) every
few years, but they were a smaller group.  There aren't many restaurants
nearby, but I certainly don't remember anyone ever complaining about it. ;)

-hadriel