Re: Revised IAOC Administrative Procedures draft

2010-09-10 11:00:25
Hi,

To date, I have not seen any comments.  The IAOC is putting this on it's agenda
for our call next week.

Bob

On Aug 12, 2010, at 5:56 PM, Bob Hinden wrote:

The IAOC solicits feedback on the revised Administrative Procedures draft
that is attached.

An early draft was sent to the community for comment on 28 May 2010.  Many
comments received were about how this relates to BCP101, if the IAOC was
changing BCP101, creating new rules, or clarifying areas where BCP101 was not
clear.  The attached draft should clarify these comments.

In most cases, it includes the relevant BCP101 text and then describes how
the IAOC is implementing this.  There are a few cases where BCP101 does not
provide specific guidance.  In these cases the Administrative Procedures
describes what the IAOC is doing as BCP101 requires.

The first paragraph of the Administrative Procedures states:

  RFC 4071 (BCP 101) is the governing authority for IASA, the IAOC and
  the IAD. It contains clear direction and guidance, but not all the
  details required for the day-to-day operation of the IETF
  Administrative Support Activity. BCP 101 section 3.4 specifically
  tasks the IAOC to decide the details about its decision-making rules
  and making them public. These Procedures are in response to that
  requirement, and are further intended to provide clarity for the IAOC
  and IAD in the execution of operational responsibilities. Further,
  these procedures are not intended to change BCP 101; that would
  require another BCP in accordance with section 2.4.

We hope this version resolves the concerns raised about the earlier version.

Bob Hinden
IAOC Chair

p.s. I will be on vacation starting next week and will respond to comments
when I return.

<IAOC Administrative Procedures 8-13-2010.pdf>