Re: Revised IAOC Administrative Procedures draft

2010-09-12 15:37:51
On 2010-09-13 02:21, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:
Adrian,

I have absolutely no doubt of the integrity of the IAOC and its chair, but
this
rule is somewhat vague and open to interpretation. It is like using the word
"appropriate" in a protocol spec!

Yes, true, but this is really a rare exception.  In the 1.5 years that I've
been on the IAOC, I don't remember a case where expenses were made and
reimbursed.  That makes it hard to be more precise here.

Could you look at qualifying this in some way to scope the exceptional
circumstances. Perhaps payment of expenses would be made only if the payment
has
been agreed before the expense was incurred?

If the IAOC members wanted to claim expenses that should not be reimbursed,
this rule would be easy to circumvent.  If this is a concern, then I'd
suggest that the IAOC simply publishes what expenses were paid.

Yes, RFC 4071 (BCP 101) says"
"  The IAOC shall set and publish rules covering reimbursement of
   expenses, and such reimbursement shall generally be for exceptional
   cases only."

iirc this was originally put in to cover corner cases such as an IAOC
member suddenly finding him/herself between jobs and needing to attend
a meeting, or something like that. But it does appear that the IAOC is
obliged to publish rules. I suggest doing that as a separate document.

    Brian