Re: Revised IAOC Administrative Procedures draft

2010-09-13 11:41:35
Several interesting responses, thanks.

I agree that detailed rules would be onerous and unable to cope with the exceptional circumstances that the condition is intended to cover.

On the other hand BCP101 does seem to require some rules.

Dave said:

There are enough hassles for the IAOC tasks; let's wait to impose stricter rules until we see clear evidence they are needed.

OK, I think that provides a way forward. Let's put in place a mechanisms that allows the flexibility (i.e., not change to the "under exceptional circumstances" and "with agreement of the IAOC chair or the IAOC"), but remove the risk of surprise by inserting "with prior agreement", and supply a way of determining whether stricter rules are needed by requiring "annual reporting of expenses paid".

Cheers,
Adrian