Re: Revised IAOC Administrative Procedures draft

2010-09-12 17:17:18

Suppose we held an IAOC meeting in some commercial meeting room venue
(virtual or real). Suppose one of us as an individual had to pay
the fee for the use of the room in advance on behalf of the IAOC (or
ISOC really). In such circumstances I would expect the individual
to be reimbursed at some point.

I can imagine many similar scenarios and I think the rule as stated
is clear enough: no member of the IAOC (except the IAD) is being
paid for their services, expenses is something quite different.

I am sure there are other parts of the organization where similar
discretionary rules apply, and this isn't a protocol spec. I agree
with Henk that if this seems non-transparent we should publish the
actual expenses paid in our minutes.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj