RE: Proposed WG and BOF Scheduling Experiment

From: wgchairs-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[wgchairs-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Russ Housley
[housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com]

The deadline for BOF requests comes too soon after the end of one IETF
meeting for the next one.  We are hearing complaints, and subjectively,
the quality of the request write-ups do reflect this situation.  So, yes,
the intent is to allow more time by shifting the BOF request deadline.

I would think that the more formal the session, the longer in advance that the
need for the session will be reliably predicted.  Since BOFs are less formal,
the deadline for them should be *later* than for WG sessions, preferably very
shortly before the IETF meeting.

Dale