Re: Poster sessions

2011-01-06 11:34:30
On 1/6/11 6:30 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
Dale, I agree!  I think the bar of producing an internet draft is low
enough.  Regardless of what mechanisms we adopt to give people a chance
to try and sell their drafts, I think it is critical that we require the
drafts to be written.  I'm not really interested in lowering the bar too
much for someone to put together an idea for consideration.  I think we
gain a fair bit by asking people to refine their idea a fair bit before
the initial presentation. Writing a draft is one way of making sure that
happens.

Above, I'm commenting on the general problem of presenting an idea, not
the more complicated question of what the bar should be for BOFs.  I'm
not surewhether that bar is in the right place. I'd need to think
somewhat more about that.

Couldn't agree more.

/Sal