Re: "6to4 damages the Internet" (was Re: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic (yet again))

2011-07-27 13:46:30

Thank you Keith for restating the problem.

"Keith" == Keith Moore <moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> writes:
    Keith> So essentially, the argument that "6to4 damages the
    Keith> Internet", is tantamount to "having multiple addresses for
    Keith> hosts damages the Internet".

+1

    Keith> People who are entirely engaged in providing content may have
    Keith> a hard time seeing any utility in 6to4.   They may ask, "if
    Keith> it doesn't deliver content as well as IPv4 does, what good is
    Keith> it?".   My answer to that question is, "what good are private
    Keith> networks and ULAs? "

And, we need to remember that the IETF is the stewart of the IP protocol
suite, not the stewart of the Internet.

Perhaps we actually need Klensin's Internet Standard series, not as a
two-level or something else, but as agreement as to what happens on the
public Internet, vs what might happen behind closed doors.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.