Re: "6to4 damages the Internet" (was Re: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic (yet again))

2011-07-27 13:45:20
Keith Moore wrote:

I see clear evidence that 6to4 is damaging the Internet and although there
are
those who can use it without causing damage, I believe that the principle is
'First, do no harm'

I put the word "feature" in quotes because this can be a pain in the a**

It means it's IPv6 which is damaging the Internet.

Introducing IPv6 - any kind of IPv6 - into a world of hosts that

A revised IPv6 and transport which can properly handle multiple
addresses can happily coexist with IPv4.

However, as IPv6 is totally broken, it is better to start with
a clean slate than to revise it. Or, more practically, just stick
to IPv4.

Nothing in IPv4 prohibited hosts from having multiple addresses

IPv4 with revised transport is far better than the current IPv6
and transport.

And this is an explicitly chosen architectural "feature" of IPv6.

which is partly why IPv6 is broken and harmful. Proper support
of multihoming can be done only at the transport layer and above.

                                                Masataka Ohta