Re: "6to4 damages the Internet" (was Re: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic (yet again))

2011-07-27 22:15:57
From an operators point of view, specifically one that has deployed 6to4
relays, use of the same should not be encouraged.

I fully hope and expect the use of 6to4 to systematically decrease over
time so the associated infrastructure can be decommissioned.

While we have seen issues related to 6to4 decrease recently the deployment
of the same over the years, in particular open relays, has grossly
complicated deploying 6to4 in a reliable manner.

I have not been able to keep up with all the emails and threads related to
this topic, I apologize for this.

The bottom line from my point of view is that we (the IETF) should do
something to discourage the use of the same.

John
John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Cable
e) mailto:john_brzozowski(_at_)cable(_dot_)comcast(_dot_)com
o) 609-377-6594
m) 484-962-0060
w) http://www.comcast6.net