Re: subject_prefix on IETF Discuss?

2011-08-03 12:55:36
On 8/3/2011 9:40 AM, Peter Koch wrote:
On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 09:35:16AM -0700, Dave CROCKER wrote:
How do folk feel about having asking for subject_prefix to be set on the
IETF Discussion List (AKA this one!) - this will prefix mail sent to this
list with something like "[Discussion]" or "[IETF]" or something [0].
The visual cue this convention provides is helpful and it's an extremely
widespread convention.
This would allow the IETF mailers to identify and for the rest of us to better setup SUBJECT Filters for our mailing so this makes sense and is an easy fix which has been requested several times over the last couple of years.

todd
maybe we should eat our own dog food as served in RFC 2919 or,
to touch another popular issue, declare 2919 "Historic"?

-Peter

PS:<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-koch-subject-tags-considered-00>

Todd S. Glassey
This is from my personal email account and any materials from this account come
with personal disclaimers.

Further I OPT OUT of any and all commercial emailings.