Re: subject_prefix on IETF Discuss?

2011-08-03 13:46:20
On 3 Aug 2011, at 21:21, John Levine wrote:
happy to let those who prefer to not have such a prefix setup their
procmail rules to remove it.<-:)

Gee, I was about to say I was happy for people who want a subject tag
to add one using procmail or whatever.

I'm not unalterably opposed to subject tags, but I believe that the
IETF's dogfood is of the List-ID: flavor.

Yes.  It follows the same construction, and rationale, of not messing around
with the Reply-To: field, when enough information is available in list
software-specific headers to build whatever user indications or reply
functionality is required.

But I do understand people's desire of these sorts of tags, and I know for a
fact that many commonly-used UAs simply have neither the filtering nor display
capabilities to resist them.  So I would not oppose a general motion to make
this change.  It's one less nice thing about the ietf list, though.

-1 +/- 0.25

Cheers,
Sabahattin