Re: subject_prefix on IETF Discuss?

2011-08-03 14:47:18
* Warren Kumari wrote:
Background: I used to just filter this list into a mailbox / folder
(based upon List-Id:), but then I would forget to read it, so I have
removed that procmail rule. Having a prefix would make it easier to tell
at a glance what list the mail is associated with, what it might be
about, etc. Yes, I *could* just make a procmail rule to munge the
subject myself, but that seems icky, and solving it for the general case
(and making Discussions more like the other IETF lists feels better).

If you would like your mail client to identify the mailing list next to
the subject header, then it seems your client should just do that, which
would avoid all the problems munging the subject header entails. Seems
to be a popular feature aswell, so I'd think clients support this...
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern(_at_)hoehrmann(_dot_)de ·
http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de