Re: subject_prefix on IETF Discuss?

2011-08-05 22:12:27

On 8/5/2011 2:56 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
To me it boils down to you saying in effect, "Here is my way of working
with e-mail, and I'd like the IETF to support it." If there was a way
that we could do that which had no impact on people who don't work that
way (such as the List-Id header) then I'd say go for it! But for those
of us who already filter our mail into folders these [tags] are useless
clutter that take up valuable screen real estate.

Doug,

Perhaps you missed the part about this being common practice, including for other IETF mailing lists?

You are already suffering with the useless clutter. The incremental pain for you is going to be nil.

If they break dkim that's a whole 'nother category of problems.

DKIM is designed for to deal with one posting and one delivery. Mailing lists take delivery and re-post. For almost all scenarios, DKIM was not intended to survive re-posting.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking