Re: subject_prefix on IETF Discuss?

2011-08-05 16:57:54
On 08/05/2011 09:45, Warren Kumari wrote:
Subject-line tags allow me to just drop everything in the inbox and then, at
a glance figure out what to read, and in what order. I then move the read
stuff (and that that I don't care about) into separate mailboxes.

To me it boils down to you saying in effect, "Here is my way of working
with e-mail, and I'd like the IETF to support it." If there was a way
that we could do that which had no impact on people who don't work that
way (such as the List-Id header) then I'd say go for it! But for those
of us who already filter our mail into folders these [tags] are useless
clutter that take up valuable screen real estate. If they break dkim
that's a whole 'nother category of problems. Personally I'd love to see
us be conservative in what we send, but I recognize that my view on this
is biased.

On some level I have sympathy for people who feel that they are stuck
with clients that don't have advanced features, but there are so many
competent clients available for free that it's hard for me to sympathize
with the view that "I need you to do this for me so that I can manage my
workflow better." When you add to that "If I filter to folders then I
just ignore the mail" it starts to sound a lot more like a personal
problem. :)

Doug

                        -- OK Go