Re: I-D Working groups and mailing list

2011-08-04 04:04:30
On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 10:36:46AM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:

I think I have read some I-D that including this useful information,
but most do not. Its one the first things I look for.

Just a thought if it makes sense.

+100

Perhaps it could be included in the ID-Announce message.

+1

This should be mandatory in IDs.

I-D announcements are already copied to the relevant WG for WG drafts.
Non-WG drafts may have the WG name in between '-' in the filename,
allowing an easy identification of the WG the author thinks the draft is
relevant to. A discussion mailing list is not mandatory for a draft
and it could be that the author is still looking.  As a courtesy to
the reader, i've used this kind of hint in the past where applicable.
But please, let us not add another mandatory boilerplate piece of text.

-Peter