RE: I-D Working groups and mailing list

2011-08-04 12:38:50
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Hector Santos
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 8:10 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

I don't know if there is a need for "template" changes or some formal
section in the write up, but it would seem to me that an author who
has reached a level of getting WG assigned and/or even started a
mailing list (IETF or otherwise) would be very eager to announce it in
a new I-D (01?) submission.  But then again, I can imagine some that
don't wish to expose this for whatever reason, perhaps to keep the
"team" light (and private) until they feel its ready public work - or
not.

OK, now I *really* don't know what the proposal is.

If we're not creating something formal, then the rules/procedures we have in
place now are sufficient.  Those are:

If a WG has been created and "owns" the document, then the document has the WG
name in its filename and usually says the name of the working group at the top
of the first page.

If it's an individual submission associated with a working group, it has the
first of those two.

If it's an individual submission not tracking a working group, the work may or
may not benefit from some explicit association, and none is required.

In any case, I'm now quite confused about what change is being proposed here.