Re: Last Call: <draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-08.txt> (Reducing the Standards Track to Two Maturity Levels) to BCP

2011-08-13 15:33:49
On 2011-08-14 06:29, ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
I really have to wonder if the entire yes/no-obj/discuss voting model is
appropriate for document advancement. For initial approval at proposed, sure,
having the ability to "discuss" the document makes all sorts of sense. But
for subsequent steps that virtue is a lot obvious, to me at least.

s/lot/lot less/

I pretty much agree, although one form of discuss might be
reasonable: "This document needs to be recycled at Proposed
Standard because of the following *observed* interoperability
problem:...".

In other words, once we have got this BCP out (soon, please),
the IESG should update the DISCUSS criteria specifically to
narrow them for the PS->IS transition.

    Brian