Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-25 10:06:46

"Lou" == Lou Berger <lberger(_at_)labn(_dot_)net> writes:
    Lou> Ole, In the (somewhat far) past, my memory was that the IETF
    Lou> rate was *less* then the normal available rate.  This trend to
    Lou> higher rates is something I only remember seeing over the last
    Lou> 5 or so years.  Perhaps my memory is just flawed, as I haven't
    Lou> done the work to verify this, but I don't think so.

Yes, I agree.
It seems that it has occured since we started booking the events many
years in advance.

When we booked at the last minute, and didn't know even where the
meeting was going to be more than two IETFs in advance, the room rates
were better.

    Lou> I personally think the issues to focus on/fix are the lack of
    Lou> transparency and the current approach of distributing meeting
    Lou> costs to the hotel rate.

It's more than that, but until we have this fixed, we can't know how
much more.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.