Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-24 05:54:09
On Aug 24, 2011, at 1:44 AM, Glen Zorn wrote:

Unfortunately, since the meeting fees are tied to the block occupancy
(via conference room charges, etc.), this puts us in a double-bind
situation: the smaller the block, the higher the other fees.  This is
the concern that I expressed during the plenary in QC, that because of
exorbitant hotel rates (and consequent lack of occupancy) the meeting
fees would themselves become exorbitant to compensate, the end result
being that major corporate support would be mandatory for attendants:
independents, academics and even employees of small companies need not
apply.  I hope we don't want to go there...

we're pretty close to there already.

Keith