Re: voting system for future venues?

2011-08-29 10:47:35
To add some data to this discussion, there's a table of Internet meetings and a
chart of overlaps on the PCH website:
<https://prefix.pch.net/applications/internet-governance-meetings/>

The current maximum collision factor is 5 (meetings/day).

--Richard

On Aug 29, 2011, at 11:32 AM, Andrew Allen wrote:

There likely are no such dates as there are telecommunications standards
meetings of one kind or another virtually every week of the year (except
Christmas and (western) new year).

Many other standards organisations depend on IETF standards so it is
important to avoid clashes with those organisations so those stakeholders can
participate. It is desirable if the meetings are not back to back but that
isn't always possible but direct clashes should be avoided especiallly since
IETF only meets 3 times a year.

Andrew