Scheduling years in advance [Re: voting system for future venues?]

2011-08-30 07:12:06

On 2011-08-30 22:04, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On 30 aug 2011, at 9:22, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:

That is a 4.5 year difference in when the exact date is announced.  This
increase the risk that there is a clash with another meeting and people
cannot plan much in advance.

Come on, the idea that people need to know the date of a meeting more than
1.5 years out or they won't be able to plan their attendance is ridiculous. I
don't even know which country I'll be living in 1.5 years from now.

That isn't the point. It's to avoid clashes with IEEE, ITU-T, W3C and numerous
others standards bodies that have overlapping participants. There were constant
problems in the past, until we went to the current advance scheduling.

    Brian